Some of the ways FAST can help:
- Working with families and school officials to develop individual education plans (IEPs).
- Facilitating discussions between schools and families about how to manage a child's problem behaviors in a way that is fair, and designed to keep the child in public school.
- Helping resolve legal concerns that directly impact a child's academic success, incuding problems with accessing appropriate education services, issues of custody and adoption, and acquisition of benefits, transportation and housing.
- Providing linkage and referrals to appropriate services.
- Assisting with transitions between schools and school districts.
- Identifying supports to prevent dropout, truancy, and disciplinary actions, and to encourage postsecondary education.