This Online Application helps you start the process of applying for free legal help from Legal Aid of West Virginia (Legal Aid). Filling out the application does not mean that Legal Aid will help you. Legal Aid has limited resources and cannot assist everyone who needs help. The information collected in the application is only used to help Legal Aid decide if you are eligible for our help.
Online Application Process:
Before you go to the Online Application, let’s review the process. The process has 3 steps.
- You fill out the application. We ask you questions about the type of problem you have. We also ask about the monthly income and assets of all the people that you live with. You should get this information together before you start the application.
- We contact you to get more information.We make every effort to contact you within 1-3 business days. We will normally call you between 8:30 a.m. and 3:00p.m., Monday through Friday. We will contact you back as soon as we can. Please keep your phone handy and watch for a call from us.
- Please DO NOT fill out more than one application for the same legal issue. Filling out multiple applications for the same legal issue may cause a delay in us being able to complete your application.
- If you miss our first phone call to you, we will call you one more time. If you miss the second call, we will send you a letter with information about how to call us back.
3. We let you know if you are eligible for help. Even if you are eligible for help, we may not be able to go to court with you. Instead, we may provide you with information or advice. If we cannot help you, we will give you information about other places you may be able to get help.
Phone Number to Contact You:
If you fill out the Online Application, we need to be able to call you. We need a phone number that is safe for us to call. You will have the option to tell us the best times to call you and we will try to call you then. If you do not have a safe number for us to call, please DO NOT fill out this Online Application. Instead, please call Legal Aid's Application Line at 1-866-255-4370 during our Application Line hours.
If you have a hearing or deadline within the next 10 days, DO NOT use the Online Application. Instead, please call Legal Aid's Application Line at 1-866-255-4370 during our Application Line hours to apply.
Long-Term & Elder Care Program (Ombudsman) Program:
DO NOT use this Online Application if you want to apply for help from the Long-Term and Elder Care (Ombudsman) Program related to an issue involving an assisted living home or nursing home care. Instead, please call 800-834-0598 or go here for more information.
Privacy of Your Information:
This is a secure website. Your information will not be shared with anyone outside of Legal Aid unless you give us permission or it is required by law. If you are using a public computer, be sure to close the internet window when you are finished.
Use a Safe Computer:
If you are afraid someone is watching your internet use, please use a safe computer. If you are having an emergency or are in immediate danger, call 911. If someone is watching your internet use through an abusive or controlling relationship, you can contact a local Domestic Violence program and/or call the National Domestic Violence Hotline at 1-800-799-SAFE for more resources and support.